Here are ten things you should know before you consult your florist:
- Your complete wedding budget, including the amount available for flowers
- Your vision or concept of the event
- The style and color of your dress
- The number of attendants and the style and color of their dresses
- Other people who will receive flowers such as flower girls, hostesses, etc.
- The location and time of the ceremony and reception
- Any restrictions imposed at the ceremony and reception sites
- The format for the reception – for example, sit-down, buffet, etc.
- The floral styles you like. Bring magazine pictures of your favorite flowers and bouquet styles, and let the florist know if there are any flowers you dislike.
- The services you want the florist to provide, such as delivery, set-up, etc.
Five Things to Bring
When you meet with your florist, gather the following to take with you to your appointment:
The color scheme of the wedding
- A picture of your gown
- A picture of a bridesmaids dress
- A swatch of fabric from the bridesmaids dress
- Magazine photos of flowers and bouquets that you like